Cable Attached Weighted Downswing
The cable attached weighted downswing is one of the exercises I teach to every single one of my golfing clients. Performing this correctly will get your body trained to use your glutes and abdominals as the driving part of your swing. You know what they say, "the glutes are the king and the abs are the queen of the golf swing". If you are one of my golf clients, then you know this exercise already, if you want to become a better golfer, check out what we can offer by clicking here.
Primary Muscles Used
Weighted Downswing Instructions
- For this exercise set the cable machine at highest position.
- Grab the handle with both hands, do not grip the handle how you would your golf club. Just grab on.
- Rotate about 15 degrees away from the machine and start with your hands and feet approximately where you would for a 7 iron shot.
- Bring your arms back as far as the cable pulls them.
- Tighten your core and engage your glutes.
- Drive down with your hips and follow through with your torso and arms.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Cable Attached Weighted Downswing
- By standing you are using a great number of stabilizer muscles.
- Amazing for correcting your downswing, check out what else we can do to help your golf game by clicking here.
- By adding weight you are able to create separation in your transition points, as your body becomes used to this separation, your kinematic sequence will improve automatically, without ever actually working on your swing.
- This exercise will strengthen your glutes, core, shoulders, forearms, and quads, in addition to strengthening them, it also will help with flexibility.
- Make sure you do this exercise both ways, this will make sure you have balance on your body but will also help with the big break theory.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.