Hammer Strength Machine Row
The Hammer Strength machine row is a great exercise for building strength in the upper back and biceps without putting excess stress on your lower back. This row machine uses separate weight for each arm, with each arm pulling it's own separate weight stack, you reduce the risk of creating muscle imbalance.
Primary Muscles Used
Machine Row Instructions
- Adjust the seat to the desired position and then sit down. Your chest and stomach should be touching the pad but not pressed hard against it.
- Place your feet firmly against the foot holders.
- Grab the handles with your palms facing inward.
- Tighten your stomach.
- Now pull the handles towards you and try to squeeze your shoulder blades together, thus creating a peak contraction in your back.
- Make sure to keep your chest out, don't let it roll forward over the pad.
- Let your arms back out, stretching a little and allowing your shoulders to stretch forward.
Tim's list of benefits for the Hammer Strength Machine Row
- Your back is a huge muscle group and training it increases your daily calorie burn and your overall metabolism.
- The Hammer Strength seated machine row will help you correct bad posture, getting rid of or preventing that hunched over look.
- By using separate weight stacks for each arm, you create muscle balance, making sure that both sides of your body are the same strength.
- Because of the seated position and the chest pad you take pressure off of your lower back. This allows you to go heavier and keep better form while reducing your risk of lower back injury.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.