Incline Dumbbell Curl
Someone once told me, "if you are over 30 and tear your bicep, it will happen in the shoulder" and sure enough, the more time that goes by, the more I see people tearing their bicep in the shoulder insertion. The best way to strengthen that part of your bicep is by doing the incline dumbbell curl correctly.
Primary Muscles Used
Incline Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set the bench at a 45-70 degree angle, grab some dumbbells and sit down.
- Lean back pressing all of your back into the pad, let your arms hang down and pull your shoulders back.
- Curl the weight up keeping your shoulders and elbows back.
- When I mentioned correctly before, this is the important part, your shoulders and elbows have to remain pulled back to keep the tension on your upper bicep. If your not feeling it in your bicep/shoulder connection, you are doing it wrong.
- Pause at the top squeezing your biceps.
- Return to start.
Benefits of the Incline Dumbbell Curl
- Curls work the biceps muscles at the front of the upper arm, and also the muscles of the lower arm, the brachialis and brachioradialis. You use these muscles anytime you pick something up, which is common throughout daily life.
- Strong upper arms help you in your daily activities. When you pick up children, carry groceries or work in the yard, your biceps need strength.
- By staying in the incline position with your shoulders and elbows back puts more focus on the upper portion of your bicep, working into the shoulder, and strengthening the biceps tendon.
- This is a great way to fill out your biceps, making them longer and stronger.
- Curls get the girls, and if you are not doing them correctly, your not gonna get anything except injured.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.