Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Bench Press
The Hammer Strength iso-lateral bench press takes the best parts of the bench press, dumbbell press, and machine press and puts them together in one smooth movement. Laying flat you have great stability, you are pushing straight up against gravity, and yet it is on a track so you don't have to worry about losing your form.
Primary Muscles Used
Iso Lateral Bench Press Instructions
- Lay down on the bench so the middle of your chest is even with the handles.
- Put your feet firmly on the ground.
- Try to keep your back straight, a small arch in your lower back is acceptable, but do not overly arch your back.
- Grab the handles firmly with an overhand grip.
- Press the weight up so your arms are straight but do not lock your elbows.
- Slowly bring your hands down until your hands are almost even with your chest.
- Press the weight back up.
Tim's list of benefits for the Iso Lateral Bench Press
- The iso-lateral bench press machine targets the muscles of the chest, triceps, and shoulders.
- These are important muscles for aesthetics as well as function.
- This exercise will give you the feel of a bench press and a dumbbell chest press without the worry of using unstable free weights.
- The arms on this exercise come together slightly at the top allowing you to get a better squeeze in your chest.
- If you have shoulder problems, this exercise will keep your shoulders stable so you reduce the risk of injury.
- You can go heavy on this exercise without the need of a spotter because the machine stops on its own so you can not be hurt by free weights.
- Each arm is independent making sure your arms each do work on their own, decreasing the risk of imbalance.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.