Life Fitness Seated Hamstring Curl
The Life Fitness seated hamstring curl is a great exercise for isolating the hamstrings without putting pressure on the lower back. Most hamstring exercises require you to put pressure on the lower back to maintain your position, because of the back support, your lower back remains secure.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Hamstring Curl Instructions
- When doing seated leg curls, the thigh pad should rest just above the knees and the lower leg pad directly below the calf.
- Make sure you adjust the back pad so when you sit down your knees are in alignment with the pivot point of the machine. There will be a bolt or red dot at this pivot point.
- While grasping the machine's handles, push down on the lower leg pad.
- Tighten your stomach and press your back and butt tightly against the seat.
- Slowly push the lower leg pad down, pulling it as close to your butt as you can.
- Slowly pause at the bottom position.
- Return to the starting position.
Benefits of the LIfe Fitness Seated Hamstring Curl
- Having strong, flexible hamstrings is important for overall strength, balance, and stamina.
- Hamstrings are interconnected with your lower back, having strong hamstrings help keep your lower back strong.
- Strong hamstrings aren't just beneficial in the gym. Hamstrings are important in every day activities. Every time you bend over you are required to use your hamstrings.
- Strength and flexibility in this muscle group will also help as your body ages—especially if you are prone to knee problems or have joint or back pain.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.