Paramount Oblique Twist
The obliques are an important muscle for any sport; golf, tennis, baseball, even track and field, and by using the Paramount oblique twist machine you can gain some great strength and stability for any sport. Obliques play an important role in core strength and thus are important for daily life as well, my recommendation, strengthen your obliques!
Primary Muscles Used
Oblique Twist Instructions
- The obliques can be a difficult muscle group to isolate, this machine really helps you focus your energy on the side of your core.
- Start by putting the setting all the way to one side, you will do the other side next but you want to make sure you maximize your range of motion.
- Sit on the machine, adjust it to be in a comfortable position and grasp the handles with your hands.
- Keep your butt and legs tight to the machine.
- Slowly rotate your body by tightening your abdominals, try not to push with your arms.
- Pause when your body is straight forward, this helps with core stability.
- Slowly return to the initial position (don't let the weights speed up your movement) and do not let the weight touch the stack.
- Change the direction at the end of your set.
Tim's list of benefits for the Paramount Oblique Twist
- Torso rotation exercises primarily work out your oblique muscle group, which can add power to rotational motion as well as give stability to upright posture.
- Athletes in certain every sports, such as discus or golf, may benefit as the exercises improve the strength of their swing.
- Stronger abdominal and back muscles take more pressure off the spine.
- Scoliosis is a medical condition in which the spine curves between 10 and 45 degrees, with more severe cases reaching 80 or 90 degrees. Generally, patients suffering from extreme cases undergo an operation to have steel rods inserted along their spine, but studies have shown that torso rotation can slow or halt completely scoliosis.
- If you want to begin a golf program, like the ones we offer, start doing this exercise, it is a great base to strengthen your rotational strength and stability, that way we can rock and roll when you begin.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.