Precor Dip Assist
Dips are a great exercise for chest, triceps, and back. By positioning your body differently, you put the focus on different areas. One of the best part of doing traditional dips is the feeling of accomplishment you feel after lifting your body weight in the air.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Dip Assist Instructions
- Start by selecting a weight that feels fairly easy, then as you get a feel for the exercise, slowly decrease the amount of assistance so you feel moderate effort.
- Most machines have the option of moving the handles wide or narrow.
- For the chest focus you want the grips on the wide setting, for a tricep focus you want the grips on the narrow setting.
- Kneel on the levered platform, grasping the handles of the machine with straight elbows.
- Tighten your stomach and lock in your position.
- To increase the focus to your chest lean your torso over, so your body is at an approximately 60 degree angle, so your chest is over your hand placement.
- To increase the focus on your triceps, keep your torso upright.
- Slowly lower yourself to a place where you feel a stretch in your chest and shoulders.
- Slowly raise yourself back up to your starting position.
Benefits of the Precor Dip Assist
- Dips strengthen the triceps muscles at the back of the upper arms as well as the deltoid muscles of the shoulders and primarily all the pectoralis muscles of the chest.
- The chest muscles are good for pushing as well as balancing out your posture.
- Dips are a great bodyweight movement, by performing dips you gain added benefit of feeling like you are lifting your bodyweight, giving you a sense of accomplishment and power.
- Performing dips in this fashion expand the ribcage allowing for deeper breaths and more oxygenation of the blood.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.