Precor Incline Machine Press
The Precor incline machine press has a very smooth, natural feel about it. It is a plate loaded machine, so you are feeling direct weight, and yet it is on a lever that allows your arms to move in a smooth pattern. Like the other machine presses, you don't need a spotter on this one which is a great plus.
Primary Muscles Used
Incline Machine Press Instructions
- Set the seat pad so when your hands grip the handles they are even with your upper chest.
- Sit on the pad with your back firmly pressed against the back rest and grip the handles with and overhand grip.
- As always, start by tightening your abdominals.
- With an overhand grip slowly press the handles away from your body.
- Stop just before your elbows lock.
- At that point, pause as you try to squeeze your hands together, this will engage the pec muscles a little more.
- Slowly return weight to starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Incline Machine Press
- The Precor incline chest press machine targets the muscles of the upper chest and front delts.
- The pectoral or chest muscles are important muscles for aesthetics as well as function.
- Using the incline chest press machine you take out the need for stabilizers, allowing you to use heavier weight than with dumbbells or a barbell.
- Having a machine that uses free weights allows for you to feel the weight as if it were a free weight, but without the risk.
- You don't need a spotter with this exercise as if you can not do the weight, you simply bring it back slowly.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.