Precor Low Row
The Precor low row is a great machine for reaching those hard to reach lower lats. The low row works all the muscles of the upper back, while also working the stabilizer muscles of the lower back.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Low Row Instructions
- Adjust the seat to the desired position and then sit down.
- Place your feet firmly against the foot holders.
- Grab the handles with your palms facing inward.
- Tighten your core and keep it tight throughout the exercise.
- Pull the handles towards your lower chest and try to squeeze your shoulder blades together without elevating your shoulders.
- Let your arms back out, stretching a little and allowing your shoulders to stretch forward.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Low Row
- Each arm is independent so you will strengthen both sides of your body separately, creating muscle balance.
- Most back row machines have a chest pad, the Precor low row does not, this allows for you to work your core and lower back a little more than you would otherwise.
- Due to the angle of the row, the primary focus is put on the lower lats, this is a very hard area to isolate, but this machine makes it easier to isolate.
- With the low row your focus is the back, a large muscle group that burns a lot of calories by increasing your metabolism.
- Strengthening your upper back will prevent or reverse bad posture.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.