Precor Machine Chest Press
The Precor machine chest press is one of my favorite chest press machines. Why do I like it so much? It just feels really good! The design of this machine is just perfect, it is smooth, the weight stays constant throughout the lift, as you press forward your hands come together slightly to help you engage your pectorals. The machine was just designed really well.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Machine Chest Press Instructions
- Set the seat pad so when you sit down, your hands grip the handles where they are even with the center of your chest.
- Sit on the pad with your back firmly pressed against the back rest and grip the handles with and overhand grip.
- With an overhand grip, slowly press the handles forward and away from your body.
- As you reach the end of the motion, push inward as if trying to press your hands together, this will help engage the chest.
- Stop just before your elbows lock.
- Pause and squeeze your chest.
- Slowly return weight to starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Machine Chest Press
- The Precor incline chest press machine targets the muscles of the chest, triceps, and delts.
- These are important muscles for aesthetics as well as function, anytime you push something, like a shopping cart or even your car you are using the muscles of your chest.
- This machine was designed really well so it engages the pectoral muscles more effectively than most chest press machines.
- Having a strong chest will help balance out your upper body and help with maintaining good posture.
- When you are going heavy, ask for a spotter to help you start. The hardest part of this exercise will be starting out the first rep, if you get help on the first rep, you will be able to do extra weight for the rest of the set.
- Since this is on a well designed strict movement, it is difficult to have bad form, so you can go a little heavier without worrying about injury.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.