Seated Cable Deadlift
Are you asking yourself "what is a seated cable deadlift?" I would be too. I developed this exercise for people who have a hard time with lower back mobility. By stabilizing your body with a seat, you allow your lower back to release easier, allowing the lower back to round or flex.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Cable Deadlift Instructions
- Set the cable setting at the lowest height and attach either 2 single handles or one longer handle.
- Then sit on a bench or chair about 4 feet away from the cable attachment.
- Grab the handle(s) with an overhand grip and sit up straight with you feet on the floor.
- Start with your shoulders pulled back and core tight.
- Focus your mind on your lower back and slowly begin to stretch forward towards the cable machine by releasing your lower back first.
- By releasing your lower back first as you go down you will develop a proper movement pattern allowing lower and upper back to flex.
- Continue stretching forward as far as you can go.
- Pause for a moment in the full stretched position.
- Slowly sit up rolling your back up in the same fashion you rolled it down.
- Return to the starting position and make sure your shoulders are pulled back and down.
Benefits of the Seated Cable Deadlift
- Performing the seated deadlift properly can help with lower and upper back strength and help eliminate lower back pain.
- By sitting during this exercise you can focus on releasing your lower back and increasing mobility.
- This is a great exercise for helping posture in your upper back, eliminating and preventing a hunched over posture. This is getting more and more important with our current society hunching forward to use the computer or cell phone.
- Learning to engage your abs and use your legs while keeping your back straight can help prevent strain and injury.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.