Shot Putt Press
I wish I knew about the shot putt press exercise when I was back in high school throwing shot putt, I probably could have added an extra couple feet to my throw. This is a great exercise for full body explosion and is almost necessary for any sport.
Primary Muscles Used
Shot Putt Press Instructions
Set the cable on the lowest placement.
- Maintain a very tight core throughout the entire movement.
- Grab one handle and step about 2 feet away from the machine.
- Square your feet up facing away from the machine and bring the handle up to shoulder height.
- Slowly lean slightly to the side you are grabbing the handle with and load your weight onto that leg as you squat slightly.
- In one fluid motion, drive through your glutes in an upward direction, standing up straight and extending your arm so it is slightly in front of your head and completely extended.
- Pause at the top and slowly return to the starting position.
Benefits of the Shot Putt Press
- This exercise works is an amazing full body exercise.
- Having strong shoulders help the stabilization of your upper back, helping with posture and every day tasks.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.