Single Arm Machine Row
The Hammer Strength Single Arm Machine Row is one of my very favorite back exercises. This exercise really focuses on the muscles of the upper back, and by using one arm at a time you use your core and get a better range of motion through the movement. This is a great mass builder, as well as a great range of motion and flexibility exercise.
Primary Muscles Used
Single Arm Machine Row Instructions
- Adjust the seat to the desired position and then sit down. Your chest and stomach should be touching the pad but not pressed hard against it.
- Place your feet firmly against the foot holders.
- Grab the handle with your palm facing inward.
- Use your free hand to brace your body, at this time tighten your core.
- Now pull the handle towards you and try to squeeze your latissimus dorsi on the side that you are pulling.
- Let your arm back out fully, allowing your shoulder to stretch forward.
- Make sure you rest in-between sides. If you don't the side you choose second will always be weaker.
Tim's list of benefits for the Single Arm Machine Row
- Since you are doing each arm separately, it allows for a greater range of motion.
- You can focus more energy on one side allowing for heavier weight and greater strength gain.
- Since you are having to stabilize your core from twisting on this exercise, you are getting a lot of extra abdominal and core work.
- This exercise, like many of the other upper back exercises, will help with a hunched over posture.
- Because of the chest pad, this exercise takes a lot of the pressure directly off your lower back, the Hammer Strength one arm machine row will allow you to go heavy and build strength without putting the stress directly on your lower back.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.