Single Arm Twisting Row
The single arm twisting row is a great exercise for anyone who wants to move better. This must do exercise for any golfer is also important for anyone who plays sports, runs, swims, or just wants to feel and move better during the day. The single arm twisting row works balance, stability, mobility, strength, and flexibility. Bottom line, you should be performing this exercise.
Primary Muscles Used
Single Arm Twisting Row Instructions
- Set the weight a little lighter than you would for a standard row, and set the cable position at shoulder height.
- Grab the handle and step back about 3 steps.
- Standing upright and with a tight core, stretch forward, letting your shoulder roll forward.
- Then pull back, trying to lead with your hips and lower body.
- As you twist back, pull the handle back as you would during a standard row.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
Tim's list of benefits for the Single Arm Twisting Row
- Torso rotation exercises primarily work out your oblique muscle group, which can add power to rotational motion. Athletes in certain sports, such as shot put or golf, may benefit as the exercises improve the strength of their swing. Additionally, stronger abdominal and back muscles take more pressure off the spine.
- This exercise is a must do if you are trying to move better or feel better.
- The single arm twisting row works your whole body in one movement, not something that happens very often.
- Because you do each arm separately, you develop both sides of your body evenly.
- When you twist properly during this exercise you help strengthen and loosen up your lower back, decreasing pain and reducing the risk of future pain.
If you play golf, you need this exercise. Want to get even better at golf? Check out what we can do for you by clicking here.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.