Star Trac Bicep Curl
The Star Trac Bicep Curl exercise targets the biceps effectively by isolating the biceps. The preacher curl arm rest takes out the ability to use your body by swinging or angling. So long as you line up your arm right, this exercise is great for any bicep workout.
Primary Muscles Used
Star Trac Bicep Curl Instructions
- Sit in the machine, placing your arms over the incline pad. Adjust the seat height until the middle of your elbows aligns with the axis of rotation (fulcrum) of the moving lever (part) of the machine.
- Grab the handles firmly with a full grip and maintain a neutral wrist position (wrists aligned with your forearms). Your elbows should be extended, but not fully locked. Tighten your abdominal muscles to stabilize your spine, and attempt to avoid movement in your low back throughout the exercise.
- Align your head with your spine, and pull your shoulders down and back slightly.
- Gently exhale and slowly curl the bar upwards towards your chest by bending your elbows.
- Maintain a neutral wrist position and avoid any movement in your torso during the exercise.
- Continue curling the bar upwards until you are at peak contraction. Pause momentarily, squeezing the muscle.
- Slowly return to your starting position, allowing your elbows to extend in a slow, controlled manner, moving the handles back towards the floor, stopping when your arms are extended, but not locked and the backs of your forearms make light contact with the incline pad.
Tim's list of benefits for the Star Trac Bicep Curl
- Curls work the biceps muscles at the front of the upper arm, and also the muscles of the lower arm—the brachialis and brachioradialis.
- You use these muscles anytime you pick something up, which is common throughout daily life.
- Let's be honest, biceps look good... It's time for a gun show!
- By using the preacher curl or Star Trac bicep curl machine, you take out the use of the body. This machine turns a compound movement into an isolation movement.
- This is a great finishing move, allowing you to fatigue the muscle completely and maximize your muscle growth.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.