Star Trac Glute Kickback
The Star Trac glute kickback is a great exercise for isolating the largest muscle in the body, the gluteus maximus. While you do incorporate your quads, calves, and hamstrings, the design of this machine forces your body to use your glutes as the primary activating muscle for this movement.
Primary Muscles Used
Glute Kickback Instructions
- Set the weight light, form and feeling the muscles work are very important on this exercise.
- Get into position with your arms resting on the pads, a firm grip on the handles, and upper stomach/chest resting lightly on the pad.
- Place the bottom of your foot on the foot pedal and the other leg resting firmly on the knee pad.
- Tighten your stomach and lock your body in place.
- Push back and up with your foot and extend your leg upwards.
- Push with your heal and squeeze your butt at the top of the motion.
- Lower your leg back down.
- Continue for the desired amount of reps and then switch legs.
Benefits of the Star Trac Glute Kickback
- This exercise targets the gluteus maximus, the largest muscle in the body.
- In addition to the gluteus maximus, it hits the other glute muscles and works the hamstrings and calves.
- This is an excellent exercise for pelvic tilt.
- Lower body strength is paramount for active health as we age.
- Proper glute development keeps the hips, knees, and lower back healthy.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.