Star Trac Overhand Cable Row
The Star Trac overhand cable row allows you to get the benefits of using free weights and the stability of a machine, making it the best of both worlds. This version allows you to work your upper and lower back, putting extra focus on your rear delts and rhomboids.
Primary Muscles Used
Overhand Cable Row Instructions
- Set the knee pads so when your arms are strait you have to lean forward to grab the handles.
- Grab the handles with an overhand grip, then sit up strait so there is tension in the cables.
- While keeping your stomach tight and back strait pull the handles back just outside your chest.
- Keep your elbows out to the side and imagine pulling with your elbows.
- Then slowly extend your arms back out in front of you.
Tim's list of benefits for the Star Trac overhand cable row
- The Star Trac overhand cable row allows for a free, natural motion of your arms, they are not limiting your bodies natural motion in any way.
- You are seated and stable so this allows you to first stay safer, and second to maximize your output thus allowing you to build more strength.
- This is another exercise that will help you overcome or prevent the hunched over look that todays societal and work demands cause.
- The overhand grip allows for a little more focus on the rear delts, and helps build the V-taper.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.