Star Trac Seated Cable Chest Press
The Star Trac seated cable chest press is a great way to get the flexibility of a standing cable chest press with the stability of a fixed chest press machine. The seat and back support keeps your body stabile, while the cables allow for the stabilizer muscles to jump into action.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Cable Chest Press Instructions
- After setting the machine at the desired weight, sit with your feet firmly on the floor, about shoulder-width apart. Ensure that the seat position allows your arms to be horizontal when fully extended.
- Grasp the handles with a full grip, your thumb circled around the handle. Maintain a neutral wrist position with your wrists in line with your forearms.
- Exhale and push outward until your arms are fully extended (don’t lock the elbows). Keep your head steady against the back support during this movement and your neck still. You should feel resistance against the horizontal push.
- Slowly arch your hands together as you push forward.
- Pause briefly at full extension.
- Keep your elbows at the same height as your shoulders throughout the motion.
- Slowly bring your arms back to the starting position and repeat motion.
Benefits of the Star Trac Seated Cable Chest Press Machine
- This exercise targets the pectorals, the main muscles of the chest. These are the same muscles you use when pushing a grocery cart or to get up off the floor.
- Developing the pecs is an aesthetic goal for many people. It’s also important because strength in these muscles decreases with age, potentially increasing your injury risk while decreasing your mobility and quality of life.
- Using a cable based machine will increase the use of stabilizer muscles in your shoulders, giving your rotator cuff muscles extra work.
- Using cables will allow for a more natural motion, allowing your body to move the way that it naturally would, reducing the chance for impingement.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.