Star Trac Seated Chest Press
The seated chest press machine is a great way to work your chest and triceps without worrying about form or a spotter. The machine is fixed so there is no variation to where you can move the equipment. By using a machine like this you do not implement your stabilizer muscles, but maximize your output on the major muscles.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Chest Press Instructions
- After setting the machine at the desired weight, sit with your feet firmly on the floor, about shoulder-width apart. The seat is adjustable using the red handle under the seat. Ensure that its position allows your arms to be horizontal when fully extended.
- Grasp the handles with a full grip, your thumb circled around the handle. Maintain a neutral wrist position with your wrists in line with your forearms.
- Exhale and push outward until your arms are fully extended (don’t lock the elbows). Keep your head steady against the back support during this movement and your neck still. You should feel resistance against the horizontal push.
- Pause briefly at full extension.
- Bend your elbows and return to the starting position.
Benefits of the Star Trac Seated Chest Press Machine
- This exercise targets the pectorals, the main muscles of the chest. These are the same muscles you use when doing a pushup or to get up off the floor.
- Developing the pecs is an aesthetic goal for many people, that is why most guys first question is "how much can you bench". It’s also important because strength in these muscles decreases with age, potentially increasing your injury risk while decreasing your mobility and quality of life.
- Chest strength combined with upper back strength will help to stabilize your shoulders and help with your posture.
- Doing a machine-assisted chest press helps prevent many errors of form and you can adjust the seat and handles so they are in the correct position for your body.
- Using a machine, you are often able to press heavier weights with more control.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.