Star Trac Seated Leg Press
The Star Trac seated leg press is a great way to increase strength in your lower body without putting undo stress on your lower back. This machine locks you into place, so you can get into a comfortable position and keep your body there, just working the lower body muscles. You don't have to worry as much about your form, the machine keeps it for you.
Primary Muscles Used
Star Trac Seated Leg Press Instructions
- Sit on the machine with your back pressed gently against the pad.
- Place your feet on the footplate about hip-width apart while ensuring that your heels are flat.
- Your butt and lower back should be flat against the seat and back rest.
- At the starting position your legs should form an angle of about 90 degrees at the knees. If your feet are too high on the plate, it will stress your lower back, too low and it puts unnecessary pressure on your knees. Your knees should be in line with your feet and neither be bowed inward nor outward. As you press, make sure to keep strait alignment throughout the motion.
- Grasp the assist handles to provide support and keep your spine and head in position. Brace your abdominal muscles and push the platform away with your heels and forefoot. Your heels should remain flat on the footplate. The front of your foot or toes should never be used exclusively to move the pad forward.
- While exhaling, extend your legs and keep your head and back flat against the seat pad.
- Extend with slow control rather than with an explosive movement.
- Pause at the top of the movement. Don't lock your knees.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Benefits of the Star Trac Seated Leg Press
- The leg press machine allows you to get the benefits of a barbell squat for developing the quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves without the load or stress on the spine.
- Your lower body contains a lot of muscle tissue, because of the size of the lower body muscles, it is a good way to increase overall muscle tissue and increase your metabolism.
- Lower body strength is extra important as we age, helping with balance and stability.
- With this exercise your body stays in form since your body is locking in place.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.