Torso Rotation & Push
The torso rotation and push is a great full body functional exercise. Utilizing a bar like the TRX rip trainer bar attached to a cable has become one of my very favorite ways to train. This exercise works balance, strength, stability, and coordination all while burning a ton of calories.
Primary Muscles Used
Torso Rotation & Push Instructions
- Attach either a bar attachment or the TRX Rip trainer bar to the cable, and set the cable at shoulder height.
- Hold the bar in both hands, shoulder width apart with an overhand grip. Then step away from the machine at a 90 degree angle.
- Starting with your lower body and hips rotate away from the machine.
- Tighten your core to force your torso to follow your hips moving away from the machine.
- When you are facing opposite the cable machine, press your hands out to full extension.
- Bring your arms back so the bar is touching your chest, and return to starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Torso Rotation & Push
- Torso rotation exercises primarily work out your oblique muscle group, which can add power to rotational motion. Athletes in certain sports, such as shot put or golf, may benefit as the exercises improve the strength of their swing. Additionally, stronger abdominal and back muscles take more pressure off the spine.
- If you play golf, you need this exercise. Want to get even better at golf? Check out what we can do for you by clicking here.
- The idea behind this exercise is creating three separate transition zones, each one builds momentum and gives it to the next, that is why this exercise is so great for golf and other sports.
- Because you are using so much of your body in this exercise, you will burn a ton of calories.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.