Tricep Cable Pushdown Using Rope
I have always found that performing the tricep cable pushdown using the rope attachment is a great way to both warm up my arms and finish them off. It is a great isolation exercise for the triceps. The rope allows for your elbows to extend unrestricted, helping to avoid pain and discomfort.
Primary Muscles Used
Tricep Cable Pushdown Instructions
- Start by standing up straight and tightening your abdominals.
- Tuck your elbows in at your sides and keep them tight.
- Position your feet slightly apart and comfortable.
- Grab the rope just above the knot or stoppers, and grip tightly.
- Begin with your elbows bent more than 90 degrees, so your hands are even with your chest.
- Push down until your elbows are fully extended but not yet in the straight. Keep your elbows close to your body and keep your knees bent slightly on the push down. Resist bending forward. Try to keep your back as straight as possible as you push down.
- Return to the starting point using a controlled movement.
Tricep Cable Pushdown Using the Rope
- The triceps brachii muscle is located at the rear of the upper arm and has three components: the long, lateral, and medial heads. If you want to build up your arms, working all three heads of your triceps is key.
- Triceps pushdowns also benefit your overall strength and endurance by engaging your core, back, and shoulders.
- The move is also adaptable to your strength and level, as you can increase the weight as you go. Performing this move properly also requires isolation, which incorporates your whole body to stabilize the rest.
- As you go heavier, you will notice your abdominals really having to work hard to maintain your posture.
- Since your arms are allowed to move freely from the rope attachment, you can modify your grip and movement to avoid pain and discomfort.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.