TRX Overhand Row
The TRX overhand row is a great do anywhere exercise. So long as you have an anchor point and the straps with you, the exercise can be performed. Using a wide, overhand grip you help develop the V-taper look all while strengthening your core in this plank based movement.
Primary Muscles Used
TRX Overhand Row Instructions
- Anchor the TRX suspension trainer just above head level.
- Grab the handles with an overhand grip, straiten your arms and walk back until the TRX is tight.
- Take a couple steps forward so your body is leaning at 30-45 degrees. The farther back you lean, the more difficult the exercise will be.
- While keeping your stomach tight and back strait pull so the handles finish just outside your chest.
- Keep your elbows out to the side and imagine pulling with your elbows.
- Then slowly extend your arms back out in front of you.
Tim's list of benefits for the TRX Overhand Row
- The TRX Suspension Trainer allows for a natural motion of your arms, they are not limiting your bodies natural motion in any way.
- This is another exercise that, by working the muscles of your upper back, will help you overcome or prevent the hunched over look that todays societal and work demands cause.
- The overhand and wide grip of this exercise will help you create a V taper, making your waist look small and shoulders wide.
- This exercise can be performed anywhere.
- Because you have to maintain a plank during this motion, you will be working your core and lower back the whole time, so long as it is done properly.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.