TRX Split Squat
The TRX split squat is a great exercise for the lower body. If I only could pick one exercise to do for the lower body, this would be the one. And this has the added benefit and convenience of being able to do this exercise anywhere just using the straps.
Primary Muscles Used
TRX Split Squat Instructions
- Set TRX anchor to a position about shoulder height, either in a door, around a tree, or a vertical pole.
- Grab the handles and take a few steps back so that your arms are totally strait. Bring one leg back so your knee on that leg is slightly behind your butt.
- While keeping most of the pressure on your front leg, tighten your core and bring your body strait down, keeping the knee on your front leg even with your ankle throughout the entire movement.
- Straiten your front leg to return to the starting position.
Benefits of the TRX Split Squat
- This is the best lower body exercise there is. It works every part of your lower body.
- By forcing your upper body forward, you are putting more focus on the glutes than normal split squats.
- As you are standing up on one leg, despite holding onto the straps, this requires a lot of balance, working stabilizers and bettering your own balance.
- TRX cables can travel with you anywhere.
- As you are doing each leg separately you are developing balance, training each leg one at a time making sure they develop at the same pace.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.