Cable Flyes are a great warmup exercise as well as a great finishing movement. Really you can benefit from cable flyes anytime you really want to focus on contracting and isolating the pecs.
Primary Muscles Used
- Pick a weight that feels comfortable, not heavy. Isolation exercises are meant to focus on the squeeze, not on the overall weight.
- Put the cable setting on a setting between head level and the highest option.
- Grab a handle in each hand and stand directly in the middle of the two weight stacks.
- Raise your elbows and hands up and step forward slightly.
- Let your hands stretch back as far as they can comfortably go, letting your chest stretch.
- Slowly bring your hands together in front of you, keeping your elbows up and slightly bent. You want to keep your hands and forearms in direct line with the cables.
- Think of hugging a tree.
- When your hands touch squeeze your chest.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Chest Flyes
- Standing you must really engage your core, working your lower back and abdominals.
- Cable Chest Flyes are great for adding a little extra squeeze into any exercise. Try supersetting this exercise with a heavy press.
- If you have any injury, this exercise is a great way to continue working the pecs and avoid atrophy.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.