FreeMotion Standing Incline Cable Press
I love this exercise on the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross but you can perform this exercise with any cable machine so long as the two pulley points are shoulder width or wider. This exercise can be modified to make it much more difficult by performing it on one leg! You get a great stretch in the chest as well as a great squeeze.
Primary Muscles Used
Standing Incline Cable Press Instructions
- Set the cable arms a little lower than shoulder height and one setting wider than strait forward.
- If you are not using the FreeMotion, then put the settings as close as you can.
- Grab the handles facing away from the machine.
- With your hands in front of you walk forward and bring your arms up and out so your hands are even with your shoulders.
- Tighten your stomach and put your feet about shoulder width apart (if you are new to this exercise, start with a staggered stance, one foot in front of the other).
- Press your hands up and forward at a 45 degree angle.
- At the top bring your hands together and squeeze your chest.
- Pause at the top and then slowly bring your hands back to the starting position.
- Bring back to starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the FreeMotion Standing Incline Cable Press
- The FreeMotion standing cable chest press targets the pectoralis muscles. These are important muscles for aesthetics as well as function.
- You can make this exercise easier by staggering your stance, and make it more difficult by standing on one leg.
- This exercise works most of your body at one time, from your calves up to your shoulders.
- This exercise maximizes your stabilizers like your abdominals and rotator cuff muscles.
- Functional training is a style of training that helps you in your daily life.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.