Hammer Strength Seated Dip
The Hammer Strength seated dip is a great exercise for developing strength and flexibility in the triceps, shoulders, and chest. The handles allow for multiple grip options which allow you to move the focus.
Primary Muscles Used
Hammer Strength Seated Dip Instructions
- Adjust the seat height so when you sit down the handles are just about even with your shoulders.
- Raise the leg pad up all the way to the top. After you sit down you simply raise your knee up and tap the pad and it will come down and rest on top of your thighs.
- Grab the handles with a neutral grip (palms facing in).
- You can modify your grip and focus more on chest or shoulders but the neutral grip is the most anatomically correct, this grip puts most of the stress on your triceps while still working the shoulders and chest.
- Tighten your stomach, lean forward slightly, and press your chest/stomach into the chest pad.
- Slowly press the handles down as you exhale.
- When you get to the bottom, try to squeeze your triceps and chest.
- Pause as you squeeze.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- The higher up you bring the handles, the greater the stretch in your shoulders and chest.
Tim's list of benefits for the Hammer Strength Seated Dip
- The Hammer Strength seated dip machine targets the muscles of the chest, triceps, and shoulders.
- In addition to strengthening the chest, shoulder, and tricep muscles, this machine is great for stretching them as well.
- You can adjust the grip to avoid irritating a sore elbow or shoulder.
- Unlike a traditional dip, being in a seated situation can take away some of the intimidation associated with traditional dips where you are in the air.
- This is a great exercise to try and build up strength and work your way to a traditional dip if you do not have a dip assist machine.
- Since this machine is plate loaded, you get a feeling of working with real weight, instead of the feeling of a traditional machine.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.