Jungle Gym XT Chest Press
The Jungle Gym XT chest press is the best way to do a suspension based chest press. The reason this exercise trumps the TRX chest press is because of the two anchor points that the Jungle Gym has. Unlike the TRX with the Jungle Gym XT you can select the starting width of the straps, and with some exercises that doesn't really matter, but with the chest press it makes a huge difference.
Primary Muscles Used
Jungle Gym XT Chest Press Instructions
- Anchor the Jungle Gym XT straps just above head level.
- Since there are two anchor points you want to anchor them about shoulder width apart and make sure that the strap length is even.
- Grab the handles with an overhand grip facing away from the anchor position.
- Slowly walk your feet back and lean forward until your body is at about 45 degrees.
- With your hands by your chest, slowly press your arms and hands away and in front of you.
- Brace the abdominal muscles, tilt the chin slightly toward the chest and ensure you are in a stable and comfortable position.
- The handles should follow a shallow arc and almost meet in front of the chest. Stop just before your elbows are locked.
- Slowly bring your hands back to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Jungle Gym XT Chest Press
- The Jungle Gym XT chest press exercise targets the main muscle of the chest, the pectorals. It also uses the anterior deltoids of the shoulder and the triceps of the upper arm. Building chest support and definition looks good, but building this muscle is also functional.
- The chest press also helps you with any daily activities that require pushing or carrying.
- Using the Jungle Gym XT requires your stabilizer muscles to be used, pulling in rotator cuff, lower back, abdominals, and all kinds of other fun stabilizers into the exercise.
- By lengthening the straps and bringing your feet closer to the anchor position makes this exercise more challenging.
- I prefer the Lifeline Jungle Gym Trainers to any other suspension trainer, their one downside is also their biggest benefit, with two different straps, you need to make sure that the lengths are the same.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.