TRX Chest Press
The TRX straps are an extremely versatile way to exercise, so long as you have an anchor point your can workout virtually anywhere. The TRX chest press, like other TRX exercises, not only work the chest but most of your body at the same time as you are performing the chest press in a plank position.
Primary Muscles Used
TRX Chest Press Instructions
- Anchor the TRX straps just above head level.
- Grab the handles with an overhand grip facing away from the anchor position.
- With your hands by your chest, slowly press your arms and hands away and in front of you.
- Brace the abdominal muscles, tilt the chin slightly toward the chest and ensure you are in a stable and comfortable position.
- The handles should follow a shallow arc and almost meet in front of the chest. Stop just before your elbows are locked.
- Slowly bring your hands back to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the TRX Chest Press
- The TRX chest press exercise targets the main muscle of the chest, the pectorals. It also uses the anterior deltoids of the shoulder and the triceps of the upper arm. Building chest support and definition is desirable for a fit look, but building this muscle is also functional.
- The chest press also helps you with any daily activities that require pushing or carrying.
- Using the TRX requires your stabilizer muscles to be used, pulling in rotator cuff, lower back, and abdominals into the exercise.
- By lengthening the straps and bringing your feet closer to the anchor position makes this exercise more challenging.
- I really like the TRX straps for most every exercise, on this particular exercise, I actually prefer the Lifeline Jungle Gym Trainers. They are a little less convenient, but there are two anchor points so you can widen your grip and the straps don't rub on your arms as you press. You can check out my demonstration of the Jungle Gym XT chest press by clicking here.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.