Precor Abdominal Crunch
Generally I don't love a just move your upper torso abdominal crunch, but I actually really like the Precor abdominal crunch machine. Let me tell you why, the motion of the machine just works, when you sit down the handles and shoulder pads slide down to meet you, that way there is no issue with finding the proper pivot point. This is a great machine for strengthening the core.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Abdominal Crunch Instructions
- Select a comfortable weight and sit on the machine.
- Grasp the handles and gently pull down until the pads are resting gently on your shoulders.
- Keep your butt and legs tight to the machine.
- Slowly crunch your chest towards your knees.
- The tighter that you keep your core, the more your abdominals will engage.
- if you are feeling your lower back push, you are either doing it wrong, or your abdominals are fatigued.
- Return to start.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Abdominal Crunch Machine
- Having a strong core is paramount in having a strong body.
- This machine keeps your body in line so you avoid risking injury.
- If you haven't done many abdominal exercises this is a great one to start with, the machine will keep you in proper form so you know you are moving properly. It is up to you to tighten the core and engage the abdominal muscles.
- If you have lower back pain, strengthening your core can help reduce the pressure on the lower back and spine.
- Having a strong core will help in daily life activities of every kind, from getting up from bed, to picking something up.
- Because the shoulder pads come down to meet you, the pivot point on the Precor abdominal crunch machine is always in the right spot, making this one of the best machines for working the abdominals.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.