Precor Chest Press
Click here for a free training session!
Precor Chest Press Instructions
- Set the seat height so when you sit down the upper handles are just above the center of your chest.
- Set the back rest so when you sit down and grab the handles there is a mild stretch in your chest.
- Sit down, press your lower back into the back rest and grab the handles with an overhand grip.
- Raise your elbows up so they are just slightly lower than your shoulders.
- Slowly press the weight forward, focusing on pushing with the muscles of your chest, not your shoulders and triceps.
- Pressing with your chest will take some effort and a little time, but the more you focus on that mind muscle connection, the better.
- Stop when your arms are straight, do not lock your elbows, as you pause at the top of this lift, squeeze your hands together slightly, this will help engage the muscles of your chest.
- Slowly return the weight back to the starting position, stopping just before the weights rest on the stack.