Precor Lat Pulldown
Click here for a free training session!
Precor Lat Pulldown Instructions
- Set the thigh pad up so it gives gentle pressure when seated.
- Grasp the bar with a wide grip with an overhand, palms down grip.
- Other positions and grips are possible, but start with this standard position.
- Pull the bar down towards your upper chest, not in front of you, until it's approximately level with the chin. Exhale on the downward motion. While shifting just slightly backward is OK, aim to keep your upper torso stationary. Keep your feet flat on the floor and engage your abs as you pull.
- The bottom of the motion should be where your elbows can't move downward any more without moving backward. Be sure to stop at that point and do not go lower.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades together while maintaining square shoulders.
- From the bottom position, with the bar close to your chin, slowly return the bar to the starting position while controlling its gradual ascent.
- At the top allow for your shoulders to stretch forward.