Precor Pec Fly
Click Here for a Free Training Session!
Pec Fly Instructions
- Move the seat pad height so that the handles are at chest height and when you sit down you can place your feet comfortably on the floor with the back pad supporting your spine. When you extend your arms out to the side to grab the handles, your elbows and wrists should be shoulder height.
- Next, you’ll need to choose a weight setting. When you first begin using the machine, start with a weight that feels slightly easy until you get comfortable with the movement. The complete movement is often described as opening and closing your arms like a you are hugging a tree.
- Sit up tall and relax your neck and shoulders. Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Grab the handles so that your palms are facing forward.
- Press your arms together in front of your chest with a slow, controlled movement. Keep a slight, soft bend in the elbows with wrists relaxed.
- Pause for one second once your arms are fully closed in front of your chest.
- Bring your arms slowly back to the starting position, opening your chest and keeping posture strong and upright.