Precor Seated Calf Raise
There are two very common types of calf raises that you see in gyms, the standing calf raise, and this one, the Precor seated calf raise. The seated calf raise works your entire calf but puts more of a focus on the soleus, which is located on the outside and inside part of the calf.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Calf Raise Instructions
- Sit upright and put your feet on the foot platform.
- Adjust the thigh pad so it rests on directly on your thighs when your feet are flat on the raise platform.
- Go up on your toes and release the stopping lever.
- Slowly go down as far as your calf will stretch.
- After you hit the lowest point slowly press your toes down as if going up on your tip toes.
- When you are all the way at the top, pause and squeeze.
- Slowly go back down.
Benefits of the Precor Seated Calf Raise
- Strengthening your calf muscles will help you in daily activities such as walking, jumping, and running.
- By strengthening and stretching the calves you will reduce the risk of tearing your Achilles tendon.
- plantar fasciitis can be prevented by performing calf training like using the seated calf raise.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.