Precor Seated Row
The Precor seated row is a great exercise for developing strength and stability in the upper and middle back. The stiff pulling arm and chest pad take all the guesswork out of this exercise so you don't need to worry about hurting your back with bad form. Instead you can just focus on the weight you are lifting.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Seated Row Instructions
- Set the chest pad so when you sit down you have to stretch forward a little to grab the handles.
- Adjust the seat setting so the top of the chest pad hits your middle to upper chest.
- Grab the handles with a neutral grip, pull them back a little bit, and roll your shoulders down and back, this is your starting position.
- Gently rest your chest on the chest pad, you want just gentle pressure, not your full weight pressed against it.
- Tighten your stomach.
- Slowly pull the handles back, trying to pull through your elbows, not with your arms.
- When the handles are as far back as you can get them, squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Seated Row
- The chest pad can alleviate the pressure on your lower back.
- The chest pad allows you to slowly put more and more stress on your lower back as it gets stronger. You can begin with your chest fully pressed on the pad, and slowly with time get to the point where your chest is barely touching the pad.
- Because the Precor seated row is on a fixed track, and there is a supporting chest pad, you don't need to worry too much about form.
- By modifying your grip you change the focus area of this exercise. With this grip you are really working the center of your back, with a wide grip you are working more upper back and rear delts.
- You can do dropsets easily on this machine since it is pin loaded and on a set track.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.