Precor Shoulder Press
The Precor shoulder press machine is a great way to build shoulder strength without having to worry about form or stability. Since this machine is on a set track, you don't have to maintain any kind of form, you just push the weight up and let is come down slowly and you know your in line.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Shoulder Press Instructions
- Sit upright and keep the back straight. Grab the handles with an overhand grip. Thumbs are on the inside and knuckles face up.
- Lower the seat so your starting point is just above shoulder height, or to the lowest setting if you are tall.
- Tighten your stomach and push your lower back into the back support pad.
- Exhale as you press the weights above the head in a controlled motion.
- Pause briefly at the top of the motion.
- Inhale and return the dumbbells to just above shoulder height.
Benefits of the Precor Shoulder Press
- This exercise works the deltoid muscle of the shoulder. In addition to increasing shoulder strength, the overhead press engages the core for stability throughout the movement.
- In daily life, you may need to place objects on shelves above your head or your luggage in the overhead compartment on a plane. This exercise helps build the strength you need to do these types of tasks safely.
- By using the Precor shoulder press machine you are taking out the need for stabilizers, this is both good and bad, it allows you to go heavier than you usually could, but since it is on a set track you are not strengthening your stabilizer muscles, like the rotator cuff muscles.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.