Precor Tricep Press Machine
The Precor Tricep Press is one of those exercise that almost everyone should have in their arsenal of exercises. This compound exercise is a great way to warm up the chest, triceps, and shoulders and it is also a great way to go heavy and really push a couple extra reps out. As this machine is on a set track, you don't have to worry about form, so long as your lower back is pressed against the pad and your shoulders stay even, press away.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Tricep Press Instructions
- Set the seat height so when you sit down the upper handles are even with the center of your chest.
- Set the back rest so when you sit down and grab the handles there is a mild stretch in your shoulders.
- Sit down, press your lower back into the back rest and grab the handles with a neutral grip, palms facing each other.
- Bring your elbows tight to your body and keep them in and down throughout this lift..
- Slowly press the weight forward, focusing on pushing with the muscles of your triceps.
- You will feel like you are extending your arms, not pressing.
- Stop when your arms are straight, do not lock your elbows, as you pause at the top of this lift.
- Slowly return the weight back to the starting position, stopping just before the weights rest on the stack.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor Tricep Press
- This is a great exercise for warming up your elbows.
- If you have tennis or golfers elbow and certain tricep exercises cause pain, this can be a good alternative.
- As your back is pressed against the pad, you have additional support, you can do this exercise without worrying about putting pressure on your lower back.
- This is a great exercise for trying to burn out at the end of your workout.
- Pressing exercises like this one are great overall strength and mass builders for the triceps.
- Over head exercises for triceps can cause discomfort in your shoulders, this exercise will keep your shoulders in a safe and stable position.
- Make sure you keep your shoulders stay down during this entire lift.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.