Precor Triceps Extension
Unlike the tricep rope pushdown that allows for your arms to move freely, the Precor triceps extension machine locks everything into place, focusing all of your energy on the triceps. This is great for really isolating the triceps.
Primary Muscles Used
Precor Triceps Extension Instructions
- Adjust the seat to the appropriate height and make your weight selection.
- Place your upper arms against the pads and grasp the handles. Try to align your elbows with the bolt on the machine that is the pivot point. This will be your starting position.
- Perform the movement by extending the elbow, pushing your lower arm away from your upper arm.
- Pause at the strait position, and then slowly return the weight to the starting position.
- Avoid returning the weight all the way to the stops until the set is complete to keep tension on the muscles being worked.
Benefits of the Precor Triceps Extension
- Increasing triceps strength brings stability to your shoulders and arms, improves flexibility, and increases range of motion. This prevents injury and makes it easier for you to use your upper body in daily activities like; getting up from a chair after a heavy leg day or pushing your car up a hill, not really an every day thing, but it is good to know you can do it if you need to.
- Triceps really balance out the upper arm, giving symmetry and keeping your muscles in balance which will help you avoid painful elbow issues like golfers elbow.
- By locking yourself in place, you are able to focus all of your energy on the triceps.
- Because you are in a secure position, you don't have to worry as much about form.
- This machine doubles as the Precor bicep curl.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.