Precor V Crunch
If you have ever felt like a standard crunch is too easy, but a hanging leg raise is too hard, the Precor V Crunch is your solution. This is a wonderful transitional exercise, it will get you prepared for harder abdominal exercises like the hanging leg raise.
Primary Muscles Used
V Crunch Instructions
- The foot bar is labeled according to your height, start by raising or lowering the length of the foot rest by using the pin at the base. This makes sure that your hip hinge is located at the correct spot on the machine.
- Stand on the foot rest with your back pressed against the pad and firmly grasp the hand bars.
- Tighten your stomach and brace your body tightly against the back rest.
- Keeping your butt tight to the rest, slowly raise your legs by crunching your abdominals.
- Raise your legs up as high as you can go, and slowly pause at the top.
- Slowly bring your legs back down to the starting position, stop just before the machine hits the bottom.
Tim's list of benefits for the Precor V Crunch
- The Precor V crunch is a great machine to take the next step in abdominal training. It is easier than a hanging leg raise, but is a very similar motion and your body will begin to become accustom to that kind of motion.
- The V crunch puts more focus on your lower abdominals than a standard crunch.
- The back rest helps to keep your lower back supported so you will not strain your lower back while doing this exercise.
- Having a strong core is important for supporting your lower back.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.