Seated Cable Chest Press
Using the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross for this exercise, I added a bench and sat it up to add support and stability when doing the seated cable chest press. The cables allow for the free movement of your hands avoiding any impingement and joint irritation.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Cable Chest Press Instructions
- Set a bench up so you are sitting straight up, and move the cable pulleys so they are even with your shoulders when in the seated position.
- Move the cable arms out one setting so they are slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Grab the handles and bring them up even with your upper chest using an overhand grip.
- Press strait forward and as your hands finish the cable chest press movement press your hands together and squeeze your chest. Do not lock your elbows.
- Slowly bring them back to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Seated Cable Chest Press
- Using cables for the seated chest press on the FreeMotion dual cable cross targets the muscles of the upper chest and front delts.
- These are important muscles for aesthetics as well as function. The pectoral muscles help support the shoulders and when trained in combination with the upper back maintain and support good posture.
- Using the cables increases your use of stabilizer muscles.
- By sitting on the bench with your back supported you are able to focus your efforts on the chest muscles.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.