Seated Close Grip Attached Handle High Row
Seated close grip attached handle high row... Well that is a mouthful! That is the only name I could come up with for this exercise, and it works, because that is what it is. This is my favorite back exercise of all time. I developed this exercise when I owned the Matlacha Wellness Center. It was then and still is one of the best exercises I ever created.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated Close Grip Attached Handle High Row Instructions
- For this exercise take two cable handles and attach them to the cables.
- Get a carabineer and connect the two handles.
- Pull a bench over so you can sit just below the handles.
- Sit down on the seat and place your feet in the firmly on the ground.
- Grab the handles with a neutral grip, palms facing together.
- Tighten your stomach and lean back slightly.
- Let your arms extend out and shoulders stretch up.
- Pull the handles towards your chest, as the handles get close to your chest, slowly pull farther and spread the handles out wide so they finish just outside of your chest.
- Let your arms extend back out.
Tim's list of benefits for the Seated Close Grip Attached Handle High Row
- The high row using the cable machine makes it significantly easier to maintain decent form in the last few reps of a workout, because you are seated and do not have to worry about your leg stability.
- When I go heavy on this exercise I put my feet up on the machine for added support, since you are leaning back slightly during this exercise the feet up position does not effect the movement.
- Like a normal high row, the seated close grip attached handle high row works the muscles of the upper back, these muscles help your body with posture. Either to overcome bad posture or to prevent it from happening.
- During this exercise you are pulling from two weight stacks and yet they are attached in the middle, so you are pulling separately from both arms but the connection is keeping your hands close together. Then at the end by pulling the handles apart, you are increasing your peak contraction.
- The FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross allows for this exercise to be executed perfectly, you can use other cable machines, but the FreeMotion is the best.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.