Seated One Arm Cable High Row
The seated one arm cable high row is a great exercise for going heavy using a cable machine. I use the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross for this exercise but you can use any cable machine that has a high setting. Just pull a bench over and you are ready to lift.
Primary Muscles Used
Seated One Arm Cable High Row Instructions
- Put one handle at the top height setting.
- Bring a bench over and have the backrest up so when you sit on the bench your torso is braced by the backrest.
- Sit down on the seat and place your feet in the firmly on the ground.
- Grab the handle and sit on the bench seat facing the machine.
- Rest your chest and loose arm against the backrest of the bench.
- Tighten your stomach.
- Let your arm extend out and let your shoulder stretch forward.
- Pull the handle towards the outside of your chest. Pull with your elbows and squeeze your lats.
- Slowly return to starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Seated One Arm Cable High Row
- By sitting down with the backrest up for support allows you to put all of your energy on the muscles being worked. Performing the high row this way allows you to use the maximum weight.
- Even though you are seated and use the backrest for support, since you are pulling with just one side you still have to maintain a very tight core and will be using your abdominal muscles in this exercise.
- Performing the seated one arm cable high row works the muscles of the upper back correcting and keeping good posture.
- By using the backrest for support you are able to go heavier than you normally would, and since you are only using one arm at a time you can use maximum energy on this one exercise.
- You can do this exercise on any cable machine, not just the FreeMotion.
- Using the cables your body is able to move naturally, not being limited by a fixed machine.
- Because of the backrest you are decreasing the pressure on your lower back.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.