Standing Cable Row
The standing cable row using the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross is the exercise that I have almost all of my clients begin with. This is a great exercise to warm-up the entire body and get everything activated. After the initial warm-up, it is a great functional working exercise to strengthen the muscles of the upper back all while working core and balance.
Primary Muscles Used
Standing Cable Row Instructions
- For the standing cable row set the cable machine at shoulder height and shoulder width apart.
- Although I am using the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross, you can use any cable machine that allows for a close placement between the two start points.
- Grab both handles with a neutral grip and take a few steps back away from the machine, pulling the cables out about a foot.
- Keeping your stomach tight, pull the cables back, pulling with your elbows, and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause at the back position.
- As you come forward keep your stomach tight and back straight, let your shoulders roll forward and get a good stretch in your upper back.
Tim's list of benefits for the Standing Cable Row
- By standing you are using a great number of stabilizer muscles.
- The standing cable row is a great way to begin working on core and balance. Since you are pulling with both arms at one time, it is the easiest type of functional training, and a great way to begin the process.
- By using the FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross it allows for each arm to be pulling a separate weight stack, allowing for your body to develop without creating imbalance.
- This exercise is a great way to warm up the body and get it ready for a great functional training workout.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.