Star Trac Leg Adductor
The Star Trac leg adductor is a great exercise for working the inner hamstring, the hip adductor muscles, as well as tightening up the inner thigh. By using this exercise in combination of the abductor, and split squats, you are creating a great stable base for your body to rely upon.
Primary Muscles Used
Leg Adductor Instructions
- The seated abductor is a leg machine that specifically targets your adductors. In other words, your inner thighs. This exercise is often performed before or after the seated abductor which targets the outer thighs.
- Start by bringing the pads together so that you can sit and place your feet on the foot rests and your knees outside the knee pads.
- Now move the pads out as far as comfortable until a mild stretch is felt in your inner thighs. This is your starting point.
- Keep your back on the seat, brace your core (reducing your lower back arch) and place your hands on the handles.
- Bring your knees back together (pretty much in line with your hips).
- Stop about an inch before the weight hits the weight stack.
Tim's list of benefits for the Star Trac Leg Adductor
- The hip abductors are closely related to the core muscles and are crucial for balance and athletic activity. Due to extended time spent sitting during the day, many people develop weak hamstring muscles.
- When these muscles become weakened your knees can bow out, causing knee pain as time goes on without this imbalance being corrected. The Star Trac abductor will correct this problem.
- This is a great exercise for tightening up the inner thighs.
- This is a good exercise for working the inner thigh without putting pressure on your spine or knees.
If you are ready to maximize your results, and really get the most benefit out of each and every machine inside our club, give us a call at 770-751-1837 or call Tim Shevlin directly at 470-604-0038 to set up your free session!
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the exercise list.