Are you struggling to meet your weight loss goals this year? It may be time to consider a personal trainer and nutritionist near Fort Myers who can help you establish better eating habits to ensure that those stubborn pounds just melt away.
The Green Physique in beautiful Matlacha, Florida, serves clients in Pine Island, Fort Myers, Cape Coral and world wide. Our approach to fitness and weight loss is comprehensive and nutrition-based, with an emphasis on healthy eating, regular exercise, meditation, relaxation, and maintaining a positive outlook.
Tim Shevlin, owner and our primary personal trainer, is a Certified Fitness Trainer, Certified Nutrition Specialist, Certified Exercise Therapist, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Group Facilitator and a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Instructor.
The best news is – we don’t believe in diets at Green Physique!
Instead, we take a holistic approach to nutrition. We’ll design a personalized plan around your life and lifestyle that makes it easy for you achieve your weight loss goals in a healthy, comfortable way.
Forget calories, numbers and fad diets. We want you to be a happier, healthier person, and our solution is to help you learn to be more mindful of behaviors that are keeping you from reaching your weight loss goals.
Learning to have a better relationship with food can catapult you toward healthy eating and weight loss because you’ll be more conscious of what you’re putting in your body and how those foods make you feel.
Tips & Tricks for Eating Smarter
- Drink water before meals: Studies show that drinking water before a meal helps prevent us from overeating. Many of us eat on autopilot; drinking water will also slow us down so we can focus on what we’re eating and why.
- Savor your meal: Instead of wolfing down your meal and potentially causing yourself indigestion, take small bites, chew them thoroughly, and savor the flavors, colors and textures of the food. Mindful eating will help you gain more appreciation for the purpose of eating and how the food choices you make can improve your health and your energy level.
- Switch off the TV: Step away from your desk, close the iPad, and eat without distractions. Researchers have found that being aware of the sounds we make as we eat (the “Crunch Effect”) can actually keep us from eating too much.
- Wait before you go for seconds: It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal from your body that you’re full. Think how much you could overeat in that amount of time! Take a break before heading to the kitchen for round two, and you might decide you don’t need it.
- Enjoy eating & forgive slip-ups: When trying to lose weight, it’s easy to get preoccupied with calories and quantities and forget that you’re eating to improve your health. Enjoy your food. If you slip up and eat something unhealthy, forgive yourself, move on, and concentrate on your long-term goals.
With the right nutritional guidance and a fitness plan that works for you, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to get in better shape.
When you need a weight loss coach and personal trainer in the Fort Myers area who can help you reach your goals, consider the world-class team at Green Physique. Call us today at (470) 604-0038 for a free consultation. Check out our online services.