Banded Fire Hydrants
The banded fire hydrant is a beginner-level bodyweight exercise that targets the lower body. When done correctly, it also activates the core.
Primary Muscles Used
Banded Fire Hydrants Instructions
- Begin in the quadruped (tabletop) position, with your hands and knees on the floor.
- Put the exercise band around your legs, just above the knee.
- Use an exercise mat for cushioning. Hands should be directly beneath the shoulders and knees under the hips. Keep a forward gaze.
- Engage your core and abduct or lift your right leg back and away from your body.
- When your leg is straight and slightly angled out, pause for 2 seconds and squeeze your glutes.
- Reverse the movement by slowly lowering the knee back toward the floor.
Tim's list of benefits for the Exercise Band Concentration Curl
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.