Banded Leg Extension
The banded leg extension is a great exercise for strengthening the quads while at home. By performing each leg separately you are able to make sure your legs are strengthened evenly.
Primary Muscles Used
Banded Leg Extension Instructions
- Sit down in a seat and loop the exercise band around both ankles.
- Keep one leg firmly planted on the ground.
- Slowly extend the other leg, squeezing your quad as you get to the top.
- Slowly bring the leg back to the starting position.
Tim's list of benefits for the Banded Leg Extension
- The leg extension targets the quadriceps, the large muscles of the front of the thigh. This is an "open chain kinetic" exercise, which is different from a "closed chain kinetic exercise," such as a squat. Which means your feet move with the leg extension and your feet are planted with a squat.
- Since you are doing each leg separately you are able to make sure that one leg is not doing most of the work.
- This is a great exercise for rehabbing your knee.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.