Exercise Band Rotational Chest Press
The rotational chest press is a must do for any athlete. By performing this exercise properly you not only increase your overall strength, balance, and power, but it also helps you create additional strength in your transition points.
Primary Muscles Used
Exercise Band Rotational Chest Press Instructions
- Anchor the exercise band about chest height.
- You will only be using one end of the exercise band, so anchor it accordingly.
- Grab the handle of the exercise band and face away from the anchor point.
- As you walk out, extend your arm out fully. When you feel a good amount of tension, stop. That is your starting point.
- Slowly bring your arm back towards your chest by bending your elbow.
- At the same time rotate your body towards the exercise band.
- When your hand is right next to your chest your torso should be facing the handle of the exercise band, with the handle touching your chest.
- Starting with your hips, rotate back towards the starting position as you extend your arm out towards the starting postition.
- As you are rotating, make sure to tighten your glutes and core.
- When you reach the starting position, pause.
Tim's list of benefits for the Exercise Band Rotational Chest Press
- The rotational chest press uses your full body at one time, a lot of muscles working at once means you burn a lot of calories.
- This exercise really helps you increase your balance and stability.
- Performing the rotational chest press helps improve your body weight transfer helping you do everything from walking to pitching a baseball.
- This exercise is a must do for any golfer. It helps with creating separation between your swing transition points increasing your distance and consistency.
- The rotational chest press helps you learn to use your glutes for stability and balance.
- This is a great abdominal exercise.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.