Exercise Band Squat and Press
Standing up tall, on top of Stone Mountain, performing a full body lift like the exercise band squat and press is a very impowering feeling. Because full body exercises use so many muscles all at once, your body releases extra endorphins, so physically and mentally you feel uplifted. And let me tell you, performing those exercises in a beautiful setting is really something special.
Primary Muscles Used
Exercise Band Squat and Press Instructions
- Choose an exercise band or bands that have the correct resistance for your goals.
- As you get ready make sure that each side of the exercise band is even in length, if not, the longer side will be easier and you won't work your muscles evenly, creating imbalance.
- Make sure your core remains tight throughout the exercise.
- Grab the handles and step on the middle portion of the exercise band, making sure that the length of each side is the same.
- Raise your hands up to shoulder height with the exercise bands behind your arms.
- Tighten your core.
- Keeping your hands by your shoulders, slowly squat down until your upper legs are parallel to the ground (or as low as you can go comfortably).
- Slowly stand up and as your legs are almost straight, press your hands upward over your head.
- As you reach the top of the press, bring your hands together.
- Bring your hands back down to shoulder height.
Tim's list of benefits for the Split Squat
- This is and exercise that uses your full body all at once, because you are using so many muscles you are burning a lot of calories and increasing your metabolism.
- Performing full body lifts, like the squat and press, require a lot of energy in one explosive movement, in turn your body releases extra endorphins during exercises like this one.
- Because the exercise band is pulling straight towards your feet, it will help you develop better form for the squat. Your body can feel the pull and will teach your body the correct angles to descend for a proper squat.
- Even though you are standing up straight, this exercise requires a lot of balance, and if you are exercising outdoors on uneven terrain your balance will be worked even more.
- Because this exercise requires just an exercise band, you can perform the exercise band squat and press anywhere.
- If you are a beginner, you can perform this exercise without a band in the beginning, and as you progress in strength you can add the exercise bands in later.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.