Lateral Raise with Exercise Bands
Lateral raises with exercise bands are a great shoulder exercise. Unlike dumbbells you keep more tension on your shoulders at the bottom end of this lift using the exercise bands.
Primary Muscles Used
Lateral Raise with Exercise Band Instructions
- Stand on a band with a shoulder width stance and your arms hanging at your sides.
- Raise the arms laterally to shoulder height using a pronated grip (palms facing down) while keeping the elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly lower the band back to the starting position under control.
Tim's list of benefits for the Lateral Raise with Exercise Bands
- The banded lateral raise utilizes bands to provide accommodating resistance during the exercise. As you get closer to the full contraction, the more resistance is applied to the target muscle groups.
- Exercise bands are a more steady feel so it is easier on a shoulder just coming back from injury.
- This is one of the exercises that is great for working the rotator cuff, just make sure you use a light band, once you go to a heavy band, you are primarily working the delts instead of the smaller rotator muscles.
Are you ready to take your workouts to the next level? Are you interested in getting great recipe ideas? Do you want customized mindfulness excises and nutrition? We will set you up with your own custom program whether you workout in a gym, at your home, or anywhere in-between. Get real results, from a real expert! Click here to sign up!
Click here to go back to the full exercise list.